Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q's)
- Am I registering my child in a child care centre on this site?
- No, on this site you can complete and submit an application for child care that will be automatically sent to the child care centre(s) of your choice. Once a space becomes available, you will be contacted by the child care centre for registration.
- Can I apply to more than one childcare centre?
- Yes, you may apply to as many centres as you wish. Your choices will be determined by the information you submit on your application. You will be contacted by the child care centre where a space first becomes available. If you accept this space, you still have the option of remaining on one or more other waitlists.
- How long will I have to wait for a space?
- If no space is immediately available to you, the amount of time you will wait is determined by many factors. You may contact any child care centre to find out where you are on their wait list.
- How do I apply for assistance with child care fees or subsidy?
- You can apply online for assistance by visiting www.london.ca or by calling 519-661-4834.
- Who qualifies for subsidy?
- Applicants must be working, attending school or have medical or social need for child care in order to be eligible to subsidy. Applicants with household incomes less than $20,000 qualify for full subsidy. Applicants in receipt of Ontario Works assistance or the Ontario Disability Support Program also qualify for full subsidy. Those with incomes over $20,000 will be assessed to determine how much subsidy is available to them. Use the subsidy calculator on this site to help determine whether you are eligible.